Friday, March 20, 2009

Up Next, on Iron Chef Steven....

This afternoon M and I watched another Iron Chef America episode. This time Iron Chef Masaharu Morimoto made a waffle with the secret ingredient: curry.

Intrigued, I decided to try making my own curry waffles. So I did! I took the recipe for whole grain waffles that M and I have been using, and substituted a little flour with some curry and cinnamon. Then I made the waffles in the usual way. Also following in the Iron Chef's footsteps, I made my own syrup to go with it. Well, sort of. I combined a little water, some imitation maple syrup, and some honey in a small pot and cooked it down a bit on the stove top. This was way too sweet, so I added a little curry powder (Iron Chef Morimoto had also put curry powder in his syrup). I also sprinkled some powdered sugar on top of the waffle. When all is said and done, it's actually a pretty good dish. A little different for waffles, but not too different. Morimoto served ice cream on the side, and I bet that's a pretty good combination. I'm thinking in particular of cinnamon ice cream... Mmmmm... :-)

No comments: