Saturday, March 31, 2007

Call Me The Great LPC Warrior

That's right. I dueled with the mighty LPC spectrum for two days before finally vanquishing the beast! The end result was that I figured out how to create an LPC spectrum from a speech waveform. I feel like a DSP expert now! :-D Well, sort of. I've also been playing around with some pitch estimators and have had only moderate success. But it's good enough and the end product is a piece of MATLAB software that will step through a number of files (about 850) and estimate some parameters which I can then tweak and accept, or reject as the case may be. The measurements will be saved and I will have a lot more new data to play with and to put into my Oroqen paper. And I feel a lot better about this paper when I think about being able to include these new data.

On the downside, it's now after 3am. I seem to be oblivious to time and food and sleep when I'm in the middle of a programming project. Fortunately that's not my chief occupation. :-}

No comments: